Suzy's Celebration

Celebrating memories of my late wife, Suzanne Alison Storms, who left me to embark on a new adventure on December 30, 2005. As I go through her things and try to piece some semblence of a life back together, I will post anything that I think might be of interest to anyone who knows either of us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norfolk, Virginia

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

29 November 2005

My wife has been moderately ill for a couple months, and resisted treatment. The last week, things got a little more acute, and this morning, about 5 AM, I decided enough was enough and called 911. Thirteen hours later, I was told her liver had failed, three other systems were beginning to fail, and her prognosis was "very poor." Still, I was told, "miracles can happen." Thanks for the bone, Doc.

Now, 19 hours and countless tears later, I don't even know what more to say. My best friend, my partner, the love of my life, my Suzy!. We always depended on each other, yet she lies unconcious eight miles away, connected to a ventilator and dozens of tubes while I sit at home, helpless. Tonight I attempt to sleep in our bed, for the first time ever alone, surrounded by all of her favorite things. I am bereft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home