Suzy's Celebration

Celebrating memories of my late wife, Suzanne Alison Storms, who left me to embark on a new adventure on December 30, 2005. As I go through her things and try to piece some semblence of a life back together, I will post anything that I think might be of interest to anyone who knows either of us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norfolk, Virginia

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I am admittedly a layman, but here is my understanding of the hurdles facing my dear wife Suzy:

  • A compromised liver will push blood into the surrounding tissue, distending the abdomen.
  • The kidneys, deprived of blood from the liver, mistake the condition for dehydration. Fluids are re-directed to the legs to conserve them, causing edema.
  • The bowel, deprived of fluid to soften the stool, is unable to move waste along the digestive tract.
  • Ammonia, which is excreted only through the bowel, collects in the bloodstream.

    Obviously, Suzy has a lot of plates spinning out there. Anyone who knows more and would like to offer corrections or additions is welcome in the comments section.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home