Suzy's Celebration

Celebrating memories of my late wife, Suzanne Alison Storms, who left me to embark on a new adventure on December 30, 2005. As I go through her things and try to piece some semblence of a life back together, I will post anything that I think might be of interest to anyone who knows either of us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norfolk, Virginia

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I would like to thank everyone who stopped by the comments section or sent me an email and offered your support. You guys are great!

Here are today's particulars for Suzy:

Good News

Kidney function remains pretty good, so systemic failure does not seem imminent.
Bowel functioning has resumed, so hopefully the ammonia levels in her blood will moderate.
The ventilator has been adjusted, and they have been able to drop the oxygen a little closer to room air.
Blood pressure medication has been reduced, and she has been able to maintain the pressure better on her own.

Bad News

She has some pneumonia, which is hindering her oxygen uptake.
Ammonia levels have not yet started to drop, and have even risen somewhat.
The start of all this mess, her liver, is at best severly damaged. The doc said, "She isn't out of the woods, and she may never get out of the woods."

I will try to post something a little less clinical later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home