About Suzy's People
I must say that I have been truly moved by the outpouring of support and love from people Suzy worked with. I know I had no idea, and I think she had neither, how many people she has touched over the years.
Two of her co-workers from DePaul, Corinna and Betty, stopped in to see her before she was out of the emergency room! Betty has returned twice a day every day since.
Her former boss at the Sentara and Maryview Nursing Centers, Steve, stopped in on day two. Then he sent the word out, triggering a second wave of support from former co-workers, including Larissa and Chrissy. They said everybody was praying for Suzy.
Co-worker Caroline sent an email offering whatever support she could, and Molly offered to send her thoughts and prayers out to the Universe.
It has truly warmed my heart to know that my Suzy has created so many loyal and loving co-workers over the years. Thank you all for your support, prayers, and thoughts. They have meant the world to me!
Until today I wanted Suzy to recover so that she could come back to me. Now, I fervently hope that someday she will be able to see the outpouring of compassion her illness has generated. God bless you all.
Update, 11:20 PM: I forgot to mention Maura, the daughter of a nurse that worked with Suzy at Obici Hospital. She is now a nurse on the ICU Suzy inhabits, and has been incredibly helpfull and caring. Suzy's karma seems to be trans-generational.
Update, 9:30 AM: Maura's mother Shelagh has joined us with an email:
Tomorrow: About Kurt's People
Two of her co-workers from DePaul, Corinna and Betty, stopped in to see her before she was out of the emergency room! Betty has returned twice a day every day since.
Her former boss at the Sentara and Maryview Nursing Centers, Steve, stopped in on day two. Then he sent the word out, triggering a second wave of support from former co-workers, including Larissa and Chrissy. They said everybody was praying for Suzy.
Co-worker Caroline sent an email offering whatever support she could, and Molly offered to send her thoughts and prayers out to the Universe.
It has truly warmed my heart to know that my Suzy has created so many loyal and loving co-workers over the years. Thank you all for your support, prayers, and thoughts. They have meant the world to me!
Until today I wanted Suzy to recover so that she could come back to me. Now, I fervently hope that someday she will be able to see the outpouring of compassion her illness has generated. God bless you all.
Update, 11:20 PM: I forgot to mention Maura, the daughter of a nurse that worked with Suzy at Obici Hospital. She is now a nurse on the ICU Suzy inhabits, and has been incredibly helpfull and caring. Suzy's karma seems to be trans-generational.
Update, 9:30 AM: Maura's mother Shelagh has joined us with an email:
She is a friend, counselor, and has a wicked wit which I do enjoy tremendously. [...]
Suzanne showed such compassion, empathy, wit and wisdom in helping me ...
Tomorrow: About Kurt's People

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home