Suzy was more awake today, and she ate some (although not as much as I would have liked). They put in a Percutaneous Intravenous Catheter, or PIC line, to better administer IV fluids and medications.
Interestingly, "Percutaneous Intervenous Catheter" is the name used by The Vitual Children's Hospital. The big-shot docs at Duke say "PIC" stands for the decidedly less cryptic "peripherally inserted catheter."
The joke of the day: I am approaching Suzy with a pineapple and peach fruit cup, scooping some fruit and juice onto a spoon. "Want to have a piece of fruit?" I ask.
Suzy's response? "I married one."
Interestingly, "Percutaneous Intervenous Catheter" is the name used by The Vitual Children's Hospital. The big-shot docs at Duke say "PIC" stands for the decidedly less cryptic "peripherally inserted catheter."
The joke of the day: I am approaching Suzy with a pineapple and peach fruit cup, scooping some fruit and juice onto a spoon. "Want to have a piece of fruit?" I ask.
Suzy's response? "I married one."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home