"Your life or your lupins, my lord"

I hope Dennis Moore doesn't get word about Suzy's hospital room. Her fifth flower arrangement arrived today. Cousin Don started the ball rolling when she was in the ICU; that arrangement had to come home. Next came an arrangement from Don's mom, Aunt Jackie, which is sitting near the TV. Arup, a global engineering firm whose Boston and Sydney offices I am working with, sent their best wishes with flowers now found on a corner shelf (attention Arup employees: it's in front of the thermostat, so the aesthetics of the room are much improved thanks to you). My employer sent an arrangement, which went up near Aunt Jackie's and today, Ilene from across the street stopped by with another that found a space on a bookshelf.
Thanks to all who sent their best wishes in the form of flora. There are now no more surfaces available for flowers in Suzy's little room. In fact, if another arrangement arrives, I will have to donate it to a neighboring patient less loved than my dear Suzanne.
I am not sure what to make of the fact that three out of five deliveries originated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, at least assuming my Aunt lives near her son. Do these people know we are Yankee fans? That Suzy has a t-shirt reading I (heart) A-Rod? That it will be we cheering on Johnny Damon come April? I suspect not. Regardless, all are beautiful and much appreciated.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home