Mostly Ups, But Today a Down
This morning, Suzy suffered a setback in her effort to get off the vent. After two hours on her own, her O2 levels crashed and she had to be put back on, pronto. They had hoped to pull the tube today, but were unable after that setback.
Later this afternoon, her friend Betty paid a visit and helped comb Suzy's hair. I could lip-read her tell Betty, "I am so scared." My heart breaks for her. Sometimes I wish we had a "fast forward" button so I can see how this will all turn out. That said, I guess as long as I'm wishing for magic buttons, I might as well look for a "rewind" or "get well now" mode.
Update: Tonight, a long and heartfelt "I love you" kiss. Four tubes fighting with two pair of lips. Later, I cried full-on. I love her so much, but feel so helpless.
Later this afternoon, her friend Betty paid a visit and helped comb Suzy's hair. I could lip-read her tell Betty, "I am so scared." My heart breaks for her. Sometimes I wish we had a "fast forward" button so I can see how this will all turn out. That said, I guess as long as I'm wishing for magic buttons, I might as well look for a "rewind" or "get well now" mode.
Update: Tonight, a long and heartfelt "I love you" kiss. Four tubes fighting with two pair of lips. Later, I cried full-on. I love her so much, but feel so helpless.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home