Waxing Philosophical
This post really has two purposes: a big "thank you" and a maudlin philosophical treatise. I am adept at neither, so please indulge my clumsiness.
First, thank you to everyone that has taken the time and interest to read, comment, or both. Be assured that I have read every note, and would like to thank each and every one of you. Your support has meant the world to me. Someday, I hope to have the time and energy to respond to each of you individually. Until then, I am cutting and pasting and printing some of the passages that I think Suzy would appreciate the most and reading them to her. Thank you for providing us with so many warm and heart-felt messages for my wife in her illness. I believe that your encouragement and prayers have really gotten us to where we are today, which is a lot better than where we thought we were going to be.
Secondly, I would like to say some things to the men out there that are by now probably painfully obvious, but I need to iterate nonetheless.
Guys, if you plan to work in the yard one Saturday morning and your wife asks you sleep in and snuggle just a little bit longer, do it and be happy for it.
If you are bone-tired at the end of the day, but your wife wants to run out to a restaurant and grab a bite together instead of cooking, do that for her, too.
If your wife asks for a little special attention or appreciation, show it with joy and celebration, because she deserves it.
As I left Suzy's bedside tonight and she begged me to come back soon, I became acutely aware of the value of time spent together. I used to take it for granted, because we shared so much of it. Now, with our "face time" limited, I have realized it was all that ever really mattered. Not the house, not the trips, not anything but being together. Oh how I will cherish whatever is left.
Thank you. We now return to our usual blog content.
First, thank you to everyone that has taken the time and interest to read, comment, or both. Be assured that I have read every note, and would like to thank each and every one of you. Your support has meant the world to me. Someday, I hope to have the time and energy to respond to each of you individually. Until then, I am cutting and pasting and printing some of the passages that I think Suzy would appreciate the most and reading them to her. Thank you for providing us with so many warm and heart-felt messages for my wife in her illness. I believe that your encouragement and prayers have really gotten us to where we are today, which is a lot better than where we thought we were going to be.
Secondly, I would like to say some things to the men out there that are by now probably painfully obvious, but I need to iterate nonetheless.
Guys, if you plan to work in the yard one Saturday morning and your wife asks you sleep in and snuggle just a little bit longer, do it and be happy for it.
If you are bone-tired at the end of the day, but your wife wants to run out to a restaurant and grab a bite together instead of cooking, do that for her, too.
If your wife asks for a little special attention or appreciation, show it with joy and celebration, because she deserves it.
As I left Suzy's bedside tonight and she begged me to come back soon, I became acutely aware of the value of time spent together. I used to take it for granted, because we shared so much of it. Now, with our "face time" limited, I have realized it was all that ever really mattered. Not the house, not the trips, not anything but being together. Oh how I will cherish whatever is left.
Thank you. We now return to our usual blog content.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home