About Kurt's People
Last night I celebrated how terrific Suzy's co-workers have been. That has continued unabated, with more visits, thoughts, and emails again today. "My people" have been incredibly supportive as well. Here is some of the kindness not visible in the blog or comments.
Everyone at work implores me to ignore those responsibilities and focus on Suzy. I have done that so far, but I continue to search for ways to meet both Suzy's needs and my devotion to my co-workers, at least part-time.
Joe has offered an apartment near the hospital as a crash pad or meal zone. We don't need it right now, but I suspect that should Suzy regain conciousness, it will be a blessing.
Joanna said, "I will have my church lift Suzy's name up in prayer for healing. I know the power of God first hand." Thank you, Joanna, we need your faith.
Jane offered the firm's help to pay for meals for me and my mother-in-law.
My friend Tony in DC asked "our chaplain to include Suzy’s name in our prayers during our Eucharist service in the (National) Cathedral."
Wow. I am floored. Many more thoughts from my college buddies can be found in the comments section. I must say that I am astounded by the outpouring of support we have received. Over the years, Suzy and I have preferred a largely private and solitary partnership together; thank you all for thinking of us now, in spite of our natural reticence.
Update: I forgot to mention my Cousin Don, who I have never even met. He called to offer his support and sent a lovely arrangement of flowers to Suzy's room.
Everyone at work implores me to ignore those responsibilities and focus on Suzy. I have done that so far, but I continue to search for ways to meet both Suzy's needs and my devotion to my co-workers, at least part-time.
Joe has offered an apartment near the hospital as a crash pad or meal zone. We don't need it right now, but I suspect that should Suzy regain conciousness, it will be a blessing.
Joanna said, "I will have my church lift Suzy's name up in prayer for healing. I know the power of God first hand." Thank you, Joanna, we need your faith.
Jane offered the firm's help to pay for meals for me and my mother-in-law.
My friend Tony in DC asked "our chaplain to include Suzy’s name in our prayers during our Eucharist service in the (National) Cathedral."
Wow. I am floored. Many more thoughts from my college buddies can be found in the comments section. I must say that I am astounded by the outpouring of support we have received. Over the years, Suzy and I have preferred a largely private and solitary partnership together; thank you all for thinking of us now, in spite of our natural reticence.
Update: I forgot to mention my Cousin Don, who I have never even met. He called to offer his support and sent a lovely arrangement of flowers to Suzy's room.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home