Suzy's Celebration

Celebrating memories of my late wife, Suzanne Alison Storms, who left me to embark on a new adventure on December 30, 2005. As I go through her things and try to piece some semblence of a life back together, I will post anything that I think might be of interest to anyone who knows either of us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norfolk, Virginia

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Update

Suzy's cousin Tracy stopped by to ask how my Mom was doing. Unfortunately, she died before I could reach her. Her doctor had given her 4-18 months, but she decided five days was all she needed.

Note to American female population: this is not a good time to be an important woman in Kurt's life.

Anyway, here's what's new for me in Norfolk. Suzy's friend Lori, who was Suzy's assistant when she first moved here in 1993, called last week. Lori always comes to the Ocean View St. Patrick's Parade, and she was looking to join me and Suzy. Unfortunately, I had to re-live the shock of Suzy's death through Lori.

Fortunately, though, Lori came for the party anyway. We hung out for the afternoon, got a little drunk, and I genuinely had some fun for the first time since December 30th. We remembered Suzy together, celebrated her memory, and enjoyed the day.

Thank you, Lori. I had forgotten what it feels like to have a good time. You are a friend indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home