Ups and Downs
When this whole ordeal began, they told us there would be good days and not-so-good days. Today was not so good. Kidney function has deteriorated somewhat, and there is some evidence of infection (although she is not running a fever). Moreover, blood oxygen levels dropped overnight, and they had to increase her O2 percentage on the ventilator. I am hoping that some of this setback can be explained by all the commotion we created yesterday.
Today we sat very quietly, avoiding too much talk and touching. It takes my full resolve not to take her hand, squeeze it hard, and tell here that I am there, as well as to encourage her mother to be similarly restrained. Still, we soldier on, and so does Suzy; I hope someday I can tell her how brave she is.
Today we sat very quietly, avoiding too much talk and touching. It takes my full resolve not to take her hand, squeeze it hard, and tell here that I am there, as well as to encourage her mother to be similarly restrained. Still, we soldier on, and so does Suzy; I hope someday I can tell her how brave she is.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home